View Profile JacobCadmus

51 Audio Reviews

Beautiful! Funny enough that artwork was one of my final choices to inspire me for last year's AIM, though I went with another ErrorCell piece and then never finished my song in time for the deadline.

Anywho, I think you pulled it off better than I could have, so my hat's off to you. Good luck in the contest!

ChronoNomad responds:

Thank you very much for the review, Jacob! I'm not surprised in the least that this image would be an inspiration to others, and there have been several other ErrorCell-inspired songs submitted to this year's AIM, including a brand new one today. It's too bad that yours missed last year's deadline. Was it still completed regardless? I would love to hear it sometime.

That is very kind of you to say! I tip my own hat to you for such a generous compliment, and I shall endeavor to do my best.

Very nice! The composition is epic and beautiful. The programming on the strings could use some improvement, but it doesn't detract from the overall mood. I like that you utilized the soft dynamics of the piano, which is something that lots of people overlook. Also, the main melody reminds me of Aaron Zigman's score to The Notebook.

Not much I can say that's already been said by the other guys. You've got a great production, and a great atmosphere as a starting point. But that's kind of where this piece stays: a starting point. Now considering you're relatively new to the cinematic approach, and that you said this was more of an underscore than a dramatic scene, you've got the right idea. But because it's a mood of propulsion or a driving force as you mentioned, there's lots of room for it to evolve without it becoming an epic dynamic statement.

Perhaps a key change, or maybe just adding onto the 4-chord progression you've got going on; you could turn it into 6 or 8 chords as the track progresses, adding tension before shit hits the fan. Also, you could try piling on more heavy-handed instrumentation, such as a string bed and/or staccato buildup, as well as more percussion. With underscores, the goal is to play with the emotions and keep things interesting without having to go over-the-top.

I hope to hear more of this though; you're off to a great start!

Chemiqals responds:

Thank for for the helpful feedback Jacob! I really appreciate it! I'll be sure to remember this when working on tracks in the future! =)

1 Art Review

I agree on this one. in what universe does ironic boobage and borderline-rioting ever work as a testament towards progress? maybe they should consider more respectable tactics to convey their message.

Troisnyx responds:

It's like one of my friends keeps asking with regards to them and people who are doing it wrong: "what colour is the sky for them?"

But that's the sad thing: radical feminists associate 'feminism' with going beyond the respectable, saying that things which are respectable are too cliche and degrading of them. Femen thinks that way too. : ( It's just... What's the shame in being gracious and loving?

That having been said, I have to give kudos to Archbishop Leonard: he was silent through it all, when he could've broken out in anger -- and he sat down and prayed for the rioters' forgiveness.

My name is Jake. I write and play music. I try to be a storyteller as well.

28, Male