Deceived by Demise Deceived by Demise

Wowza! In just the past couple of years I've been hearing a massive evolution in your writing and production style, and I think this track even further solidifies how much you absolutely own at the hybrid/orchestral/cinematic soundscape. I first listened as a standalone piece and was already impressed, then I listened in context with the images and synopsis provided for the contest and was blown away. There's an epic story conveyed throughout the highs and lows, as your sense of tension and release seamlessly weaves through the mixture of orchestra and sound design, creating a vivid image of a future world ravaged by nature. Each section of the piece plays a role in your world-building, and compliment each other like two lovers discovering their amazing chemistry. Your production quality is MASSIVE, and honestly I wish I could get my tunes to sound as huge as yours. Much love and respect.

Whispers of Remembrance Whispers of Remembrance

Beautiful! Funny enough that artwork was one of my final choices to inspire me for last year's AIM, though I went with another ErrorCell piece and then never finished my song in time for the deadline.

Anywho, I think you pulled it off better than I could have, so my hat's off to you. Good luck in the contest!

ChronoNomad responds:

Thank you very much for the review, Jacob! I'm not surprised in the least that this image would be an inspiration to others, and there have been several other ErrorCell-inspired songs submitted to this year's AIM, including a brand new one today. It's too bad that yours missed last year's deadline. Was it still completed regardless? I would love to hear it sometime.

That is very kind of you to say! I tip my own hat to you for such a generous compliment, and I shall endeavor to do my best.

Mist Mist

Very nice! The composition is epic and beautiful. The programming on the strings could use some improvement, but it doesn't detract from the overall mood. I like that you utilized the soft dynamics of the piano, which is something that lots of people overlook. Also, the main melody reminds me of Aaron Zigman's score to The Notebook.

Troisnyx Yells Troisnyx Yells

I agree on this one. in what universe does ironic boobage and borderline-rioting ever work as a testament towards progress? maybe they should consider more respectable tactics to convey their message.

Troisnyx responds:

It's like one of my friends keeps asking with regards to them and people who are doing it wrong: "what colour is the sky for them?"

But that's the sad thing: radical feminists associate 'feminism' with going beyond the respectable, saying that things which are respectable are too cliche and degrading of them. Femen thinks that way too. : ( It's just... What's the shame in being gracious and loving?

That having been said, I have to give kudos to Archbishop Leonard: he was silent through it all, when he could've broken out in anger -- and he sat down and prayed for the rioters' forgiveness.